Tuesday, February 5, 2013

National School Counseling Week Link Party!

 



National School Counseling Week is here!...and it snuck up on me :)

To kick the week off, I wanted to prepare something to give the teachers thanking them for their support and  let them know it was National School Counseling Week.  I also wanted them to check out my brand new School Counseling Program brochures that I finalized and printed just in time for this week.

Beside the computer where everyone checks-in in the morning, I left a Sign that said, "Thank you for your support of the school counseling program.  Happy National School Counseling Week!  I think you are marvelous and magnificent   Enjoy some M&Ms" along with a bowl of M&Ms and a bunch of my brochures.


I've gotten compliments on the brochures, thank yous for the M&Ms, and a few very sincere words of appreciation for what I do here at school.  Today I also filmed a blurb for the news show to be aired on Friday with me talking about my role as the counselor and also letting the whole school know that in honor of National School Counseling Week, we will be celebrating Random Acts of Kindness Week next week.  I gave everyone "homework" to come up with ideas of how they can be kind to each other and make our school a kind place to be.

Last year, I started in January and during my "introduction" classroom lessons with 5th grade, I cut out different puzzle pieces and went into the classes to talk about myself and my role at school. I had them decorate the puzzle pieces for the theme: School Counselors Help Connect The Pieces-- which is an idea I saw on Pinterest.  I put up this bulletin board in honor of the week and gave the teachers a note of thanks for the warm welcome and a treat in their boxes.


I get so inspired by other counselors ideas and I am thankful to be a part of this link party where we can share and celebrate our week together!  I heart school counseling!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Happy National School Counseling Week! I love your ideas Kristi!! The M&M idea is sooo clever! Thanks so much for linking up to the National School Counselor Week Link Party!

    ReplyDelete